Just thought we would write up a
quick page on why our kitten price is what it is and share with
you some examples of our expenses....
- Yearly vaccines for all adults
rabies and 2 kitten shots per kitten.
- Antibiotics and other
medications for kittens, adults, de-worming medicine for
all adults and kittens.
- Then you have unexpected large
expenses such as a female might need a c-section, pyometra
emergency spays, seems like a few cats per year get some type
of expensive illness, also routine dentals and spays & neuters.
BREEDING SCREENING CLEARANCES
- We try and ultrasound the hearts on our all our breeding cats
often, starting at age 1 for males, 2 for females. (roughly $150-$300
- Recent DNA gene test on all breeding cats. ($60
SHOW & REGISTRATION
- Roughly each show costs about $400 a
weekend. We have travel expenses, show entry
fees, one or two nights hotel. We believe all good
breeders should be showing and getting high titles on their
cats. This means the breeder is breeding good quality in
type and temperament.
- All of our cats are
registered in 2 associations, TICA & CFA.
- Then we have
to register the litters in each association.
Championship, Grand Championship title has a claim fee.
Show supplies such as shampoo, grooming products, show curtains
& show tents.
- Cat litter
- Cat food (canned and dry)
supplies, cat boxes, cat toys, bed, scratching posts, cat trees,
- A male breeding cat costs roughly $1200
- $2000 and females are roughly $900 to $1500. Again that
is without shipping costs which can run up to $300.